Medical Negligence Claims
If you are suffering injury or ill health as a result of a doctor or surgeon not following the approved standards of care or incorrectly or failing to diagnose an illness or injury then you may be entitled to make a medical negligence compensation claim. As trusted personal injury and medical negligence solicitors in Dublin, Cork and Galway FOD Solicitors have vast experience working with clients for medical negligence claims.
What is Medical Negligence?
Medical Negligence is defined as the breach of duty of care owed to the patient by doctors, healthcare professionals and their employers.
In order to make a medical negligence claim the claimant needs to prove that:
- The medical professional owed them a duty to care and not cause injury
- There was a breach of that duty to take care
- That breach of duty of care has caused harm, injury or illness to the claimant; and
- Damage or other losses have resulted from that harm, injury or illnesses.
Types of Medical Negligence
- Medical Misdiagnosis
- Surgical Negligence
- Prescription and Medication Errors
- Negligent Medical Advice
- Pregnancy and Birth Injuries
How to claim compensation for medical negligence in Ireland?
Due to the complex nature of medical negligence cases and difficulty determining what constitutes medical negligence we offer free legal advice in this area.
Call our offices today on 1890 998 911 for guidance on determining what is medical negligence, and get a free legal advice and a confidential assessment of your potential medical negligence compensation claim from a specialist medical negligence solicitor.
Get in Touch for Free Advice on Your Medical Negligence Case